16 February 2010

Dear Door to Door Salesmen...

It's time we talked. I am so tired of standing there with a towel on my head (because you ALWAYS come right after my shower) trying to figure out what the hell you are talking about because In my head I am trying to think of how to get you off my porch.

Window salespeople. Really? Today you offered me 20% off. It's the middle of Winter and I do NOT want my windows ripped out while it's snowing. Not even for 20% off.

Religion people. I have talked to God and were good. I'm not sure what kool-aid you wanted me to drink but I am positive that God didn't drag me to the porch so that I could read your pamphlet. He knows I hate the cold and would have come with a better approach.

Oh, but every once in awhile you catch me in a good mood like the day I was at my brother and sister in laws house by myself and you talked me into letting you in to show me how you could clean their stove. My brother is convinced you are coming back to steal their TV. PLUS, I forgot about the part where you could have been a mass murderer. You won't catch me off guard again. Unless you will clean my bathroom...

Then there are the teenagers who come after it snows to shovel for me. See, this is the reason I keep answering the door. I love the kids who are willing to put in some hard work for a couple bucks. These are the kids who will grow up to be great people because they are starting young. I just hope in 10 yrs they have moved away from the door to door aspect and aren't knocking on my door trying to sell me lawn fertilizer in February.

If only there were door to door Chocolate salesmen...If only
Nyn

No comments:

Post a Comment