07 September 2009

Pink Robes and Bear Paws

First off I will tell you that my Hysterectomy is a walk in the park compared to the pain I live with every day. It went great and I am feeling well.

Mk and I were leaving the house alittle after 6am so I decided on just wearing my new pink robe (with polka dots) and flip flops. Am I the first person to come up with this? We walked into the waiting room and everyone was dressed and kept staring at me. What would be the point of getting dressed when someone is about to slice you open plus you can't wear make-up so why would I have jeans on??? Then the nurses that were prepping me for surgery really laughed out loud that I had worn my robe to the hospital. So I am the trendsetter. I did it. Wear your robe to the hospital and hold your head up high.

Then Miss Cheery nurse tells me I have been picked for a one day trial to wear this new kind of gown into surgery called Bear Paw robe. You know how the operating room is freaking freezing cold??? Well this thing has a layer of bubble tubes that run through it then they hook up this tube to the robe that blows....wait for it...WARM AIR all through it! It was absolute heaven and it keeps your body temperature from falling during surgery. From a patients point of view I truly believe it helped me and I felt fabulous in the recovery room. Have you ever heard the word fabulous in the same sentence with recovery room? I thought not. So go Bear Paw robes and feel free to put me on a commercial.

So here I am a week later having strolled slowly around the block today and showered like a real person but I am tired and need to wrap this up. Although I wish I had some energy left because I didn't get to tell you about day two. Suffice to say that instead of being "released" I got....kicked out of the hospital.... I'll tell you about it tomorrow. In the meantime just picture MK shaking his head at me which seems to happen alot in our relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment