30 August 2009

A bit serious , this one

Just a few thoughts on some recent passings. I was going to let it go and not comment but I am one to put it out there and let the chips fall. So here we go.

As I look on the computer or turn on the tv this week there has been just as much coverage on DJ am as Ted Kennedy. Then Mar called me to tell me someone I went to school with died of a drug overdose. Got me to thinking...about how I don't attend funerals of people who committed suicide or overdose. Nothing pisses me off more than putting my 2 feet on the ground every morning and trying to make it through another day, while some people just...opt out. Screw them.

I have lived in constant, at times freaking unbearable pain that makes me question the universe. The thing about chronic pain is that it isn't a disease. I will never die from this, I just can NEVER get better either.

I saw the picture of DJ am's girlfriend leaving his apartment Friday night having a breakdown. That is what suicide and overdoses do to loved ones forever. It is selfish beyond measure. In the past couple of months in my town, someone I know who lost all of his money shot himself leaving a 9 year old devastated, as well as a 16 year olds step mother who walked in front of a semi because she had enough. Oh, YOU had enough? The people who have had enough should be the ones trying to get your families through this mess.

So yesterday I watched some of Kennedy's funeral, not because of political reasons but because Ted said at his brother Bobby's funeral after all that family had been through "We carry on because...we have to". Preach it Ted preach it. No one found crack beside him while he was battling brain cancer, which had to suck by the way.

Ok, I am done ranting, now go hug your kids, just take the Meds you need ( and I need plenty) find something to smile about...and carry on.

1 comment:

  1. Well, yes, that one WAS pretty serious! I completely agree, having experienced suicides in my family. I know the suffering those left behind suffer-excellent post!

    ReplyDelete