24 August 2009

Where is my Xanax

So I was really feeling upbeat that I was having a pre surgery meeting with the team that will be in the room of horrors with me next week. I expected to leave with a feeling of peace and assurance that it was all going to be under control.

Instead I am feeling a one way ticket to Mexico, wearing big sunglasses and a wig in my future.

The first nurse in the room explaining her role to me seemed completely professional until Mr. Handsome, Lifetime special looking doctor came in and then she turned into a girl in first grade holding a paper saying "Do you love me, yes, or no". I mean she literally couldn't remember her password into the computer.

Then I went to have my blood taken by Miss Britney Spears wannabe. As the fire explosion went off in my arm, she giggled and said instead of getting into my vein she...rolled it with the needle. OMG I would have had a better chance with Bert and Ernie being in charge of my body.

Finally as my stress was at maximum level, a nurse told me that if I want to take a muscle relaxer before arriving at the hospital for surgery that would be fine. No, do ya think? I am heading for the Pharmacy... or Mexico, I haven't quite decided.

No comments:

Post a Comment