03 August 2009

The Nyn 50/50 Factor

Nyn came about when my brother Dean was little and couldn't say "Caryn". The Freudian part is that my dad, who I am not close with, to say the least, still calls me Nyn. So if you see him, let him know I am looking into therapy to work on this. Thanks.

The 50/50 part is what Mk has coined as my life odds. From the mundane, to the catastrophic, to the most fabulous things you can think of. Any chance, any odds to be had or bet on, if you are referring to me..Go with 50/50. I promise.

Just a few examples to start, so you understand what I am up against. I want to cook, God knows I try. But it doesn't just go somewhat bad, I swear, my oven locks up on me,with the food in it, so I can't even get in.

I didn't just get hit by a car, My 2 children and I were slammed into by a semi, carrying 100,000 lbs. of scrap steel ( I know, right?) but we lived and for that, I am forever grateful. I just now call Social Security my full time job, and believe me, you wouldn't want it.

I also had the pleasure and was lucky enough to have a private meeting with Deepak Chopra. Anyway, here's the 50/50 factor, My mom had bought the tickets for us, generous as she is, and I ended up arguing with him. I said it. I argued with Deepak, like I have any business debating anything with the man. Not to mention the fact that I adore him.

Point being, I go to bed every night beside MK, the caring, generous, oh so sexy,rock of my life, MK. Having the luck of knowing two of the greatest people, my kids. And thinking tomorrow will be better. Problem is, as the next day progresses, the 50/50 factor takes over like clockwork. I am going to bed now...up against MK as close as I can get, knowing.....tomorrow will be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment