20 August 2009

Think the worst...

... or be positive? I can never get that right. Always the people on one side say if you brace for the worst it's never that bad. Then you have "The Secret" followers with all their think positive thoughts and good things will come. After 43 years I can say I have tried it all and which ever I do... well, I am screwed.

I am having surgery on September 1st. A hysterectomy. I know, right? Anyway, I am mentally freaking out over it. I can't decide which frame of mind to go with. I have read about the worst case scenarios as well as the about a woman who played golf the following week. I have this feeling... I don't like her.

I also read that heating pads help. Really? Heat? I need to check this out. I also need to see if maybe someone can get ahold of Propofol-that Michael Jackson sleep thing. Although I WOULD need to be monitered a tad closer, I believe.

So you see my problem here. I am reading books on positive thinking and yet my thoughts turn to...Propofol and large quantities of feel good pills. Oh, and why haven't I done Yoga or exercised more.. It's going to be like this until September first. Plus, I live with a 16 year old, who says she may or may not make me beg for food while I lay in bed. Crap. I AM screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment