26 August 2009

Trying to channel Paula Dean


I have come to believe that if I had Paula's cookware this whole baking thing would be easier. That somehow her magic would flow through the teflon and save my ass.Last night I tried...I mean really tried to bake a cake from scratch. I even envisioned sending the picture to Paula in hopes of being invited to her compound and ending up BFF's. Whatever.
I found a recipe on "The Pioneers woman" blog (love her to by the way) and gathered up all the high caloric sugars I could find and went to work. This is a photo of how her first layer looked as well as how my first NOT layer looked.


I did everything EXACTLY as I was ordered to. Well, I did need a few breaks in between, but then they aren't collecting SSI checks either. Anyway, after MK tried to assure me that it was delicious as well as how cute I am when I try to pretend I am related to Paula. I am now left with only another bad memory of the kitchen. The good news is I have plenty of sugar and flour...to try again.
Just as soon as I can get ahold of Paula's cookware.

No comments:

Post a Comment