10 August 2009

Sunday with Mom

My mom, from here on in referred to as "Mar", and I spent Sunday at a Mind, Body, and Spirit expo in York, Pa. Mar's friend owns a Spa and the two of them are eccentric to say the least, so this is nothing new for us. I have also inherited the eccentric gene so you can often find us driving with the top down singing and laughing, but I should return to the topic at hand.

I decided to take this day and study people to see what attracts such a large crowd. They were from all walks of life, religions,and ages, as well as plenty of men on hand. The vendors were also diverse, from Phd's and Doctors, as well as unbelievable energy that I was drawn to, but also the booths you could tell were just trying to make a buck, you know, those bad Karma people..

At the end of the day, after I had laid on an "ion" heat mat, had a mud pack, had my Taro cards read, and soaked it all up, I realized when I left that I was more un-stressed then I could I remember being, and I was smiling. I knew that no matter what people intend to get out of it, when we leave, we all feel the same. We have hope, and had fellowship, and we pray that the tea we just bought that will help us lose weight actually works since it has that good Karma and all.

Or just maybe after we left and had dinner at a superb Italian place, and then sat there talking and figuring out the universe, my day had really been to spend it with my mom. I'm sure my "guides" were as happy as I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment