13 August 2009

Time to talk..Health Care

I'm sure your blood pressure is up before even reading further on, this topic seems to have that effect on people. Relax, no really, RELAX, I am not going to spew statistics at you or even call this a Democratic or Republican debate. It isn't. My political party has nothing to do with how I think about my health nor should it you. It's about getting the best care I can. Here's my take, period.

I was a productive member of society living just like you when I was in an accident two weeks after I turned 30. I continued to work once I healed enough although the pain never left me. As I turned 40, injuries from the accident got worse requiring surgery that left me unable to work. I have been on Social Security and Medicare ever since. Mk found a good managed care Medicare Supplement plan for me so I still have my family doctor and have not been denied any health care, ever. Knowing I can count on them to manage my health concerns and the medicines I need is a life saver considering the money I have lost from being unable to work.

My point is this; I keep hearing people say they will take care of paying for it themselves because they are hard working people. Well hard working people, try telling that to me when in a split second you(or your kids, your sister or brother) are unable to work for the rest of your life.

I wouldn't care who was in office at this point-knowing that if something should prevent my children from having care or buying medicine a plan would be in place for them, then I am all for it. And do I think people in power will kill me when I am old? I doubt it and if they do...well, I am hoping they will at least pay for the drugs to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment