10 January 2010

Dear 2010....

Listen... no really, just focus on me Miss fancy pants 2010. I did the obligatory New Years Eve rituals. I ate pork and saurkraut. I toasted you at midnight and kissed my husband. I told my kids I loved them. I made resolutions and promised to be a better person and celebrate you for twelve whole months.
So maybe you didn't get the memo that this was to be a great year for me because in the first two weeks you have turned my 16 yr old from a sweet girl into the spawn of satan (thanks for that) and if that wasn't enough today you decided to have the cop pull me over (touche, nice one)and then after I crawled into bed for 3 hours, woke up feeling a tad better only to discover that you BROKE MY DRYER (now I am pissed).
IT's kind of like getting a new boss thinking things couldn't get worse and then finding out she was your nemisis in high school. BACK OFF 2010 because 2009 forgot to tell you a few things about me.
I have no in-between, none. I do the doormat thing for only so long and then I snap. So the gloves are off and your going to lose. I decided that as the cop had his lights on and I made him follow me to WaWa (same place 2009 made my pants fall to the ground) before I stopped because I needed a pit stop there anyway.
So send whatever you deem necessary because this year I am finding it funny and you can't ruffle these feathers. I just hope when my family sees me on the front page getting hauled off to jail they get alittle chuckle in the sign I am holding that says "BRING IT 2010....WHAT ELSE YOU GOT"
NYN

1 comment:

  1. 2010 is turning out to be one of my funniest years ever! :) LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the post. Thanks, Nyn.

    ReplyDelete