05 January 2010

I would call it stalking

Probably a bad title since I am talking about my son Adam and I think he just calls it...fact checking.

Adam takes my 16yr old Caity to Starbucks, well, alot and from what I gather he is quite in love with the drive through girl. This has worked well for Caity as she has been getting alot of Frappacinos lately so she's not complaining but says his method of picking up girls needs work. Adam was all kinds of excited yesterday because he found her facebook page (stalker) and he wants to check her out before he will proceed. Then I started thinking about his friends and how they all interact with women and it's just pathetic but the girls do it to.

Awhile back MK and I had met Adam and his friends and their parents at a pub and as I looked around the table they were all texting and checking facebook on their phones and when they did look up it was to say that there wern't any available girls even though 25 cuties had walked by the table. Then I would watch the tables of girls and they were doing the same thing. If they all would have put down the I-phones and looked up there could have been some connections but these days you need to have a good group of friends and cute pics posted from cool parties and beach pics from last summer and then just maybe someone new will friend you. (that and if 10 of their friends say they can)

I would like to think that meeting total strangers was fun when I was dating but then the ones I could have weeded out early would have made life easier. Hmmm I wonder if by the time my daughter is in her early twenties maybe she will check a program to also see what her children would look like with someone on facebook before she...friends them?
Me personally, Mk just buys me a drink and tells me I am a cutie and I am going home with him. No facebook page needed.
Nyn
Ps.. The Starbucks girl would be a lucky one if she gets "friended" by my Adam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment