16 January 2010

What Coffee Really Stands For

We all have this thing in common called coffee. We meet under the pretense of "Let's have a cup of coffee" or when we don't want an evening to end someone will suggest "grabbing a cup of coffee before we go home". I tend to think all of our great memories somehow revolve around that perfect cup.

I can remember being in my early teens and going to our next door neighbors with my mom. She would always have a pot on and we would sit for hours talking and I remember never wanting those evenings to end...Just one more cup?

I have my Grandmothers cup that she always had coffee in. I had to have that cup when she died just short of 100. It never fails to remind me of something she said when I look at that cup.

I am right now drinking out of the first coffee cup that my husband bought me. After 17 years so many things have come and gone or sit in a jewelry box but this cup is a constant in my everyday life. Makes me smile. When I visit somewhere that I don't want to forget I always buy a coffee cup ensuring the memory will never go away.

If you listen to people they can tell you where their best coffee experience was. There is just something mesmerizing about it. It is the one thing we have in common with people from all over the world, and I for one am thinking World Peace if we could all just sit down for...a cup of coffee.
Nyn
Ps...It's also "the best part of waking up"

1 comment:

  1. I love coffee and have two coffee blogs as well. I drink perhaps 20-30 espressos a day. lol

    your friend from blog catalog
    Johnny Ray
    http:www.sirjohn.us

    ReplyDelete