02 January 2010

Strong women just get stronger

As I have been thinking about my personal goal for the new year, every scenario I conjure up requires strength. Lots of it. Whether it's the strength I will need when someone crashes into me while I am driving as I am a magnet for that, or dealing with parenting issues (give me strength) or those funny, want to stab myself, family issues (give me strength). I realized over the holidays that the older women in my life not only have it but share it without knowing it.
My mom has just lost 65 lbs and I walked in yesterday to the poster women for "Chico's". She had on jeans with heels, highlights in the hair and some kick ass jewelry. She was having a mango rum drink after cooking a New years day feast for everyone...she just keeps getting stronger.
We were at my mother in laws last week and celebrated her 80th birthday. Now before I get to the "strong" part I do need to mention that while cooking a ham for us she may have set the oven at 500 degrees when she meant to set the timer at 5:00, those pesky 5's. Anyway so she proceeds to tell us that she was going to get the Ab Rocket lounger because she NEEDS to work on those abs. OMG Joan, exactly what are you going to do with rock hard abs??? We decided we don't need to know we just need to keep checking on her to make sure she isn't stuck in it and can't get up...she just keeps getting stronger.
So me, Nyn, it's the new year and I am headed to the gym. I use the pool for exercise and to get stronger but mentally I need strength. Not to keep going to the gym but for when the 50/50 factor kicks in and some idiot slams into my car while I am driving there...strength to carry on and if I am correct....to look good doing it.
Happy New Year
Nyn

No comments:

Post a Comment